Friday, November 4, 2011

"Fresh-brewed life"...not up to par

I joined up with Book Sneeze because I love to read and their idea of a “free” book with just a review was very tempting to say the least.
I just read my first book called, “fresh-brewed life” by Nicole Johnson. Even though I am not a coffee drinker I was willing to give this book a shot. But in the defense of coffee, let me say this, I do love the smell of coffee brewing, just not the taste. As a child, I grew up in a house where the coffee pot was on from morning til bedtime. But somehow, I escaped the love or need for it.
As for the book. I have to admit I was a little disappointed in the read. It was an easy read, but one that was hard to stay with. I felt it dealt more with journaling and how to, and when to, and all of that, more so that what I thought it might be. I had other notions of what this book would be about. I felt it would be more of a devotional type, but was dismayed that it wasn’t.
It is for sure a book meant for those who love to journal. It is a step by step, go to book, for this very thing.
Yes, she had lots of insights that were good, but just not in the context that I like to read about.
When I joined BookSneeze I knew I had to write a review. I feel that this one being my very first, is not the positive review I had hoped it would be. But it is my opinion and mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment