Friday, April 9, 2010

#4- curvy roads

When I asked God ~
"Why does my road always seem to have so many curves?"

God said ~
"It's because you are not on the right road, My Child!"

- Proverbs 16:17

Wow...this one was a profound one. Hearing God tell me that the answer to my question was because I wasn't on the right road. So that led me to searching what road I was supposed to be on to truly be in His Will. And you know, it did answer that question. About so many curves. Cause when we are not on the right road that God has planned out for us, we do have a lot of curves and those curves are ones that we could avoid by just staying in His Will. And man oh man, does it ever, take us a lonnnnggggg time to get that right. And then again, do we ever, get it right? I think we do at times, and then at other times, we stray off our road. And it is in those times that He leads us back to where we were supposed to be all the time. So why do you think we stray to begin with? Maybe it is our lack of faith sometime that does it, or maybe we just aren't trusting like we should. You know trusting what is up ahead and not being able to see it, is really a hard thing to do. But the more and the more we do it, the more and the more, it comes natural for us to do it. I think there are bends and turns in all of our roads, but it's the "curves" that can throw us off track. We must always keep our focus, and that is to keep our eyes on the One who has our road in His hands. He is the one who has designed it for us anyway, so why do we balk at it? Let's get out of that "me" mode, or the "I can do it myself" mode, and start leaning and trusting on Him to lead us down the right road. He will never lead us astray.

No comments:

Post a Comment