Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Child-like Expressions #2

When I asked God ~
"How do I step out in faith?"

God said ~
"My Child, by taking me at my Word."

- 2 Corinthians 5:7


Don't we all ask ourselves these questions? How can I do it? How do I do it? Faith....evidence of things not seen. Yeah, so...then how am I supposed to keep going when I don't really see where I am going, or what I am going to? These questions plague us all at one time or another. But as I have journeyed along with the Lord over these many years, I have found that FAITH is one of the keys. I have this little saying hanging on my dining room wall that says: "Faith isn't knowing that God can do it, it is knowing that He WILL do it." Amen? Isn't that a great little saying? Something for sure to hold on to in those trying times. When we say how God is going to get us through it, do we really believe that? Or is it just words? I pray that it is more than just mere words. Let it be your way of life. Know in your heart that HE WILL do it, just as he says he will in His Word. And if you aren't sure then, maybe you need to search yourself and see if you "know" His Word. Are you involved in a church where you study the Word? Are you in a Bible study that helps you to grow in the Word? If not, you may want to pray and ask the Lord to lead you to these areas, so you can grow in His Word. You know, I heard a teacher say one time, that "how can we stand on His Word, when we don't know it?" So true. So when God says we are to take him at his word, then that is what we need to do. Trust Him and Trust His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment