Saturday, April 24, 2010

Failing the tests?

When I asked God -
"Why do I always seem to fail your tests?"

God said -
"It's because you are not doing your homework...Study My Book!"

- Psalm 119:11

Wow...that kinda says it all, right? It is so true. How are we to know what we are to do and how to do it, if we never study His Word? So many people say, "Why do I need to go to church, I can worship God anywhere." And yes, that is true, you can. But His Word says we are to fellowship together and for lots of reasons but one main one is so that we can study His Word and get to know Him. We study it and we look at it and discuss how and what God is trying to say to each of us through it. I know from my own experience, I truly grow more and more when I am in His Word on a daily basis. Not just on Sunday morning in Sunday School and in worship service. And yes, I certainly grow from those times too, but there is just something about being in a class where there are other Christians and sharing and discussing His Word. I draw so much insight from others and I feel that I can share about things that are going on in my own life and I get encouragement when needed. I learn that all of us have our ups and our down times and we are all in need of God and His Amazing Grace in our lives. It strengthens us as a whole and also as an individual. We grow closer in our walk with the Father. It is just like this childlike question asked, failing a test. When we were in school, to pass the test, we had to study. We had to KNOW the subject, right? Well, it is the same here. God wants us to KNOW HIM! In every way. Are you studying the book?

No comments:

Post a Comment